The team member will be responsible for maintenance and repair of various types of equipment, facility systems and other tasks routinely performed by maintenance department team. These tasks vary from day to day including non-standard work; troubleshooting systems, preventative, corrective, maintenance of production equipment, facilities tasks, and project work. This work will be assigned and completed on both a routine shift basis but may require overtime and weekend work as deemed necessary.
• Plan, lay-out, and perform a wide variety of process efficiency, ergonomic, and safety improvements, general maintenance, and fabrication in all plant production areas.
• Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures, quality procedures, and company policies.
• Must be a hands-on self-starter and work well with Tech Team members, as well as work closely with and take direction from Department and Plant leadership.
• Work with and troubleshoot pneumatic systems including assembly automation, air compressors, dryers, and filtering equipment.
• Understand equipment safety interlocks and guarding and be able to fabricate, modify and repair in according to plant safety program and OSHA requirements.
• Work with and troubleshoot hydraulics including presses, assembly machines, and pumps. Be able to complete repairs and modifications as needed.
• Operate functions based on drawings, blueprints, schematics, sketches, specifications, tables, charts, wiring diagrams, work orders, job plans and manuals.
• Work with all phases of preventive maintenance, control systems, and instrumentation. Basic Electrical/Electronic and PLC knowledge is desired.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, disassemble, replace work on defective parts, and reassemble; operate, check, and make corrections and adjustments.
• Set-up and operate typical machine tools, i.e. lathe, milling, boring, and surface grinders together with standard attachments to lay-out and perform regular machine operations on replacement parts and fixtures.
• Use considerable judgment to construct special purpose machines, equipment, or guards from sketches, drawings, with ability to safely alter available machines to facilitate work according to accepted safety standards.
• Lay-out and build complete fluid power systems of complex design. Diagnose trouble, making corrections and repairs.
• Ability to weld and work safely with a variety of hand and power tools and the ability to operate forklift, skyjack and other maintenance equipment and material handling equipment is essential.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma plus a broad trade knowledge, equivalent to training received in a formal apprentice program or equivalent experience of at least 5 years. Use of complicated drawings and specifications; applied mathematics; wide variety of precision measuring instruments. Experience as a trainer a plus.
• 1st Shift: M-F: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
• 2nd Shift: M-TH: 2:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
• Please contact our office – range depending on experience
• Ability to qualify for a forklift license
• Valid drivers license
• Pre-employment drug screening
If you have already applied, please call us at (563) 242-1078. If you are new to Temp Associates, click the Apply Now button below.