Unload and receive all inbound merchandise, check accuracy before receiving merchandise into the Catalyst/WMS system; utilize a lumper service, building and securing pallets for storage, and properly processing required paperwork, while maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
• Verify purchase orders match Bills of Lading, the item matches the purchase order, and that all information matches corresponding paperwork (inner pack, dimensions, and carton quantity), counting all products to ensure information is correct.
• Construct pallet in accordance with dimensions on paperwork.
• Determine and set up dimensions and pallet (high/tie). Notify Customer Service if an item does not have a pick slot.
• Instruct lumper service in proper and safe building of pallet in accordance with company procedures, policy, and guidelines to assure freight is unloaded in a timely manner.
• Apply proper decal/license and secure pallet using shrink-wrap or tape.
• Process paperwork, ensuring it is signed, reconciled and correct.
• Observe Family Dollar safety and housekeeping policies, promoting a safe and clean work environment.
• Receive approval for changing information by notifying Slot Clerk of differences found between the paperwork and actual merchandise.
• Inform management of anything that will prohibit the timely processing of merchandise.
• Complete the daily PIT checklist to ensure equipment is working properly and report any defects to management and/or maintenance.
• Operate PIT equipment in a safe manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education – None
• Experience – No work experience required
• Equipment – Utility knife, ink pen, liquid paper, stapler, tape measure, marker, calculator, telephone, forms, walk behind power jack, sit down forklift, pallet jockey, scales and computer. Use of PPE per center requirements.
• Physical requirements – Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs. and frequently lift 50lbs. Frequent standing, moderate walking, stooping and kneeling.
• Work conditions – Non-climate controlled Distribution or warehouse atmosphere, fans and heaters used.
• Desired skills – Problem Solving, Organizing, Reliable, Dynamic, Quality Conscious, Safety Conscious, Technically Capable.
• 2nd shift – M-Th 7 PM - 5:30 AM
• Maquoketa, IA
CLIENT OFFERED BENEFITS
• Free Health Insurance
• Prescription Drug
• Dental Insurance
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Short & Long Term Disability
• 401 K with company match
• Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
If you have already applied, please call us at (563) 242-1078. If you are new to Temp Associates, click the apply now button below.