RETIREMENT HOME COOK
• Work in the kitchen area. For each meal you’ll assist in preparing a large quantity of a limited number of entrees, vegetables, and desserts, according to preset menus.
• Cook foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, and numbers of portions to be served.
• Clean and inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
• Bake breads, rolls, and other pastries.
• Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, and poultry.
• Compile and maintain records of food use and expenditures.
• Apportion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
• Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
• Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• It would be 40 hours one week and 32 the next week, and will work every other weekend.
• Probable hours are 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Rate of Pay:
• New pay scale based on experience