Our client in Oskaloosa is looking for a forklift driver. Loading and unloading trucks, moving, locating, stacking, and counting merchandise to met company standards for safety, security, productivity, and food safety. Temp to hire position.
• Unloads inbound shipments, verifying merchandise matches shipping documents. Moves merchandise to storage properly documenting put away locations and reporting any shipment discrepancies.
• Picks orders and prepares for shipment, ensuring the exact number and type of product is ready for shipment. Properly loads shipment’s.
• Locates and re-locates merchandise allowing for the best space utilization and picking efficiencies.
• Keeps accurate records of stock moves, receipts, and shipment s for reporting to warehouse office personnel.
• Operates warehouse equipment in a safe and efficient manner to eliminate personal injuries, merchandise damage, and damage to the warehouse
• Inspect forklifts on a daily basis to identify and potential problems with the equipment and reporting these potential problems to Operations supervisor. Perform minor maintenance to forklifts that can be accomplished with the tools available.
Education, experience and skills: A Warehouse Operator should have prior experience driving a forklift or prior exposure to a warehouse environment. All personnel that operate of forklift will receive training prior to operating a forklift. Accuracy and attention to detail. Must be able to get along with co-workers. The position requires constant getting on and off a forklift, stooping, waling and lifting a minimum of 50 pounds. Warehouse environment can be dusty, dry, and humid. Background check, physical and drug screen required.
3:30pm – 12:00am Monday- Friday
If you have already registered and completed the interview process, please give us a call at 641-236-9220 and let us know of your interest in the opening.