• Performs maintenance and up keep of the Distribution Center, front office and grounds.
• Develops knowledge base of different systems within the Distribution Center,
• Communicates effectively with others to minimize potential downtime of equipment.
• Follows work orders in achieving productivity.
• Makes sure workmanship is of highest quality,
• Ensures all material handling equipment batteries are property maintained for efficient performance.
• Completes the daily P.I.T. checklist to ensure equipment is working properly and report any defects to management and/or maintenance.
• Operates P.I.T, equipment in a safe manner.
• Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety,
• Maintains an organized work area and promotes a safe working environment with the Maintenance department.
• Follows all Company policies and procedures.
• All other duties as assigned.
One year certificate from college or technical school, three to six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to three years of industrial maintenance experience preferably in a Retail Distribution Center. Maintenance Technician III must possess three of the following seven categories: (1) Electronics/Electrical, (2) Conveyor Equipment, (3) Facilities Maintenance, (4) Machining/Lathe/Mill, (5) Mechanical Systems, (6) Welding and (7) Plumbing. Must have own set of basic hand tools.
Able to perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. These tasks require the ability to frequently lift up to 70 pounds. The Team Member should have adequate fitness level to meet the demands of frequent lifting, walking, standing, moderate climbing, occasional sitting, stooping and kneeling with or without reasonable accommodation. Team Member will operate P.I.T. equipment. Team Member will be required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per Distribution Center requirements.
Team Member will work in a non-climate controlled atmosphere, in which outside weather conditions greatly affect the building's temperature although fans and heaters are used. Team Member may also work outside of the Distribution Center which may expose them to adverse weather conditions. The Team Member will occasionally be required to work on a platform raised up to 60 feet. Team Member may also be exposed to moving mechanical parts or equipment, fumes and airborne particles as regulated by OSHA.
Team Member will perform shift work and must be willing to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
• Communication Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers and management team.
• Physically Capable: Has the necessary hand and motor skills needed to perform essential work activities.
• Problem Solving: Identifies problems and finds solutions to them. Isolates problem areas and uses appropriate techniques to solve them.
• Quality Conscious: Is committed to achieving and maintaining high standards. Ensures own work is correct.
• Reliable: Consistent and dependable. Follows supervisors’ instructions. Respects Company policies and procedures.
• Safety Conscious: Does not put self or others at risk of injury. Must be aware of personal responsibility in safety of themselves and others and acts accordingly.
• Strong Organizational Skills: Able to perform multiple activities successfully: establishes clear goals and objectives and is effective at managing time/priorities.
• Technically Capable: Applies relevant knowledge, skills and procedures to all technical aspects of the job.
A competency is a characteristic of a Team Member that contributes to successful job performance and the achievement of company goals and objectives. Organizational Competencies are the behaviors, skills, knowledge, and abilities of Team Members that have a significant impact on Family Dollar's organizational results.
Dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services which meet or exceed the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. Understands customers' expectations and utilizes that knowledge to continuously improve products and services. Makes decisions and takes action with end users in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers and gains their trust and respect.
Takes initiative and engages in work activities that have clearly defined and communicated end results. Prioritizes work appropriately and ensures that the most important tasks are completed expediently. Anticipates barriers to progress and takes appropriate action without waiting for direction. Follows through to ensure that tasks are completed with a sense of urgency. Drives self and others for results, and looks for opportunities to
Increase effectiveness and reduce costs.
Pay based on experience/ $12.35 -$20.65
If you have already applied, please call us at (563) 242-1078. If you are new to Temp Associates, click the Apply Now button below.