• Perform repetitive duties welding components on shafts to various sized chain linkages. Work from shop orders, verbal instructions, and blueprints. Use simple hand tools.
• Set heat temperatures on welders. Hand crank material into location. Position attachment or flight and activate welder; inspect weld and make minor adjustments as necessary.
• Inspect welds for proper location and making minor adjustments to position of welder gun.
• Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer questionable cases to supervisor. Maintain tools, equipment, and work area in proper manner.
• Place finished chain on pallet. When flight welding, must be able to lift chain from pallet to weld bench and back to pallet when completed.
• Responsible for quality: Accept training in blueprint reading, use of gauges and measuring tools common to manufacturing, along with related statistical process control principles and other quality control procedures.
• Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety practices/procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 2nd shift – M-Th 3:30 PM to 2 AM
• $14 to start, 15.75 per hour at perm
If you have already applied, please call us at (563) 242-1078. If you are new to Temp Associates, click the Apply Now button below.