Work Hours: 4:30pm – 12:30am
This is a temporary – possible temp to hire for the right candidate at a client company in Grinnell, IA. Your responsibilities are to clean the buildings and property to create a clean, sanitary, safe, and odor-free work environment for our employees and guests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cleans a variety of surfaces including all types of floors, walls, windows, and furniture and office partitions. Adheres to specific procedures and regulations regarding the cleaning of all areas, this includes the handling of hazardous and bio-hazardous materials and equipment.
• Maintains rest rooms by cleaning and disinfecting toilets, sinks, urinals, partitions, mirrors, stalls, floors, and walls. Replenishes supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper, soap, etc.
• Collects trash and transports to designated locations. Sort, separate, and transport recyclable materials.
• Utilizes a variety of cleaning tools and equipment such as mops, pails, extractors, buffers, vacuum cleaners and push carts. Follows applicable safety precautions for the use and handling of various chemicals and cleaning agents.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High School education and related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to apply basic understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must possess and maintain current, valid drivers license and a satisfactory driving record.
*BACKGROUND SCREENING REQUIRED*
If you have already registered and completed the interview process, please give us a call at 641-236-9220 and let us know of your interest in the opening.