Local office manufacturing company is seeking a Maintenance Craftsperson who will be responsible for performing a wide variety of repairs to maintain production equipment, plant facilities and environmental systems in order to meet customer demand. The selected candidate will exercise independent judgment in accepting or rejecting working condition of equipment, share knowledge by assisting in training members in the proper methods and techniques, take action to meet or exceed customer quality, and meet cost and delivery expectations and achieve operational goals. This level of skilled trades must also proficient in hydraulics, pneumatics, electricity and electronics.
• Performs a wide variety of duties to repair and maintain production equipment, plant facilities and environmental systems. Works from maintenance requests, prints, schematic wiring diagrams, manuals and instruments.
• Installs, maintains and repairs production equipment such as panel saws, CNC machining centers, welders, conveyors, punch presses, turret and brake presses, shears, and any specialized equipment involving mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and/or pneumatic functions.
• Coordinates work orders w/ outside vendors as needed.
• Comply with the requirements of the 6-S program, Lock out Tag out, Confined Space, Hot Work, and Arc Shield NFPA 70E Procedures.
• Diagnoses a wide variety of problems and determines cause, extent, and proper correction of each. This includes using various test equipment, manuals, possible contact with equipment vendors, and common sense judgment based on prior experience.
• Uses precision measuring instruments, electrical meters, common hand tools, sets up and operated a wide variety of machine tools, welding equipment and lift vehicles
• Maintain building equipment and grounds including; power service and distribution, lighting circuits, air conditioning systems, carpentry, plumbing, welding, fabrication, and other repairs as deemed necessary.
• Perform project work as necessary.
• Work with suppliers and vendors.
• Follow standard work for Maintenance duties; suggest and document improvements to standard work.
• Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success of the organization.
• Successful completion of required training (Safety/Ergo, Lock Out/Tag Out, Lift Truck etc.)
• Working under minimal supervision.
• Treating co-workers with dignity and respect.
• Working independently and with co-workers up and down stream from assigned areas.
• Working within a team of members to accomplish both team and individual output goals.
• Reading and interpreting complicated drawings, blue prints and schematics
• Problem solving skills that deal with a variety of variables related to machine operations set up and proper machine cycles.
• Reasoning skills in order to make general decisions related to safety, quality, operation and set up sequences.
• Recognizing when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and have the ability to resolve the problem or concern.
• Applying deductive reasoning in order to make decisions outside of normal guidelines to provide solutions that make sense.
• Examining parts, products or processes to verify conformance to operational standards.
• Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and rectify malfunctions.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, while maintaining a positive attitude and approach under pressure.
• Must pass a color blindness test
• The completion and certification through the Company Maintenance Craftsperson Apprenticeship or other accredited program resulting in a DOL certification.
• In addition to the 8000 hours required for DOL certification, 5 years experience with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment.
• A craftsperson is required to provide their own tools.
• Depending on experience- 2nd shift
• Pre-employment background screening
• Pre-employment drug-screen
If interested, please call Christine at 563-263-6589, email email@example.com, or click on the link below to apply!