• Major areas of responsibilities include facilitation of employment decisions, benefits, workers compensation, organizational development, safety, plant training and human resource support for two plant locations located in Mt Pleasant Iowa and Hannibal Missouri.
• The position's objective is to facilitate and lead the plant HR organization to ensure quality customer service to all team members in regards to safety, benefits, worker’s compensation, training, employment, environmental, counseling and advisement by being flexible and responsive with the goal to be a competitive world class organization.
• Champion strategies that support the associates while driving improved business performance.
• Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
• Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
• Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness and cash flow.
• Ensures completion of the plant affirmative action program; annually files EEO-1; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Oversees recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new employee orientations; monitors succession planning program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends monthly team meetings. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
• Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Coaches and facilitates leadership and teams to encourage the self-directed work group ideologies
• Administers individual performance reviews to ensure completeness, effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
• Provide Human Resource support at the leadership level
• Provide Human Resource support to the Hannibal, MO facility.
• Leads and provides assistance to HR Specialist, Training Coordinator and HR Coordinator at the Hannibal MO facility.
• A Bachelor's degree and five (5) years Human Resources experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all time and in all situations.
• Experience in leading implementation of a high performance team organization.
• Proven ability to lead and develop others.
• Proven influence skills.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
• Sound planning and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in Excel, Word & Powerpoint
• Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification
Pre-employment background screening and pre-employment drug testing is required
Annual salary begins at $60,000 and will be commensurate to education and experience. Please apply online. Resumes must accompany all online applications.
Temp Associates is an equal opportunity employer